Ladies, before you go shopping, mediate on Proverbs 31:16
"She considers a field and buys it."The key word here is... Considers. She considers before she buys. No impulse buying! Take time to think about what you are buying / how much it will take from your family budget to make those purchases.
I know for me in the past, at times, I have been caught up in all the "hype" of shopping. Another words, the quality is not always why you pay an ridiculous amount for an item. Most of the time it is simple the Brand you are paying for. I finally realized after awhile, the expensive things I was buying, in actuality, were not my favorite items.
However, because we are brain washed into believing that the more you pay / certain brand names make the item "special", I would always ignore what I truly liked based on it wasn't expensive.
Now, do I own things that cost a bit more then cheaper items? Yes. However, the reason behind the purchase was not selfish or sinful. Meaning, I wasn't in greed or "endangering" the needs of my family. Many times we buy things because of how it makes us feel. The problem with that is, stores use that to help market their merchandise. Satan used that in the garden with Eve. "This tree can make one wise!" Heck yeah! Eve was all over that. (Adam also) So your feelings cannot be the only "wisdom" you take to the store with you.
I might add here ladies, carrying a certain purse or wearing certain clothes / perfume, Etc... (which cost more then you can usually afford) does not make your problems go away or make you more special. At the end of the day...It is just a purse, Etc...
So stop and consider before you buy something. Ask yourself, Do I really like this item? Can I afford it? (Afford does not mean you have money to buy it. It means all the needs of your family are met, and the funds used to make the purchase will not effect you negatively afterwards)
![]() |
| Photo credit unknown |
Lets say you want to purchase a handbag.
The handbag below sure catches the eyes attention. However, so does its price! $45,000 dollars!! I have seen it on E-bay for even more. Might want to "consider" this before allowing your flesh to mortgage your home to buy it.
![]() |
8. LV Tribute Patchwork Bag - $45,000
|
For me, I will settle on something that is a bit more "budget" friendly. Here are a few handbags that I purchased for myself.
I have always liked the handbags sold at Payless. (yes, they sell more then just shoes) This purse was one of my purchases from there. It was $29.00 dollars. It has a very causal / country feel to it.

Payless $29.00 dollars
This purse was purchased from...Cracker Barrel!
That store has some of the most beautiful things you ever saw. Jewelry, clothes, purses, candles, Etc... It was also around $30.00 dollars. Perfect for all seasons, and it holds so many things.

| Cracker Barrel $30.00 |
This purse is a little more on the elegant side. I have received many compliments on this purse. Where did I purchase it? I have to say...Cracker Barrel! Around $30.00 dollars also. Great purse for a more elegant "dress up" feel.
![]() |
| Around $30 |
Keep in mind ladies, Proverbs 31 (Wisdom) was written not only to help the king find a wife, it was written for us too. The world is always trying to tempt us to live according to its standards, not the way of the Lord. You have to be alert! Do not let yourself put your family in hardship because you fell for a lie of the enemy. (I have done this in the past)
If it has the "ringtone" of causing you to stray from your budget, or be dishonest, or forsake what you know the word says, then you need to pull away from it. It is not from God.
Adam and Eve were tempted, and so was Jesus. The only difference... Jesus did not give in to the "tempter" of this world! He remained faithful to what God desired.
I hope this has planted a few good seeds into your hearts. I know it has mine:)



No comments:
Post a Comment